Sunshine Blogger Award
First, I want to thank Junell at Miss Adventures in Adulting for the nomination. Her blog is wonderful and hilarious. I genuinely enjoy reading about her family and their adventures. Go check her out if you haven’t already!
I also want to say how much the blogging community means to me. Even if these awards aren’t on a major scale, I still call my mom to tell her. I still feel proud and elated to be thought of as a blogger. My college professors always said I was just an average writer, and whether they are right or not, that doesn’t take away the passion and love I have for this platform of writing.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers striving to be a positive and an inspiring part of the blogging community.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions asked by Junell and my answers:
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? I would probably go to Yellowstone. My husband went when he was younger, and we’ve been thinking about taking a trip there next year.
- What are your blogging goals for the rest of the year, and 5 years from now? I really want to work on building a brand and maybe monetize. I’d love to review products too. I want to slowly make this passion into a career. I just started with regular posts, so hopefully I can get to where I want to be.
- When and where do you do your best work? I do my best work when I’m in the thick of it. If I get an idea while playing with the kids or cleaning, I put a sticky note on my phone as a reminder. I actually sit down to write once my toddlers are napping, so I have to set reminders for my train of thought.
- What is one random talent you have? I’m not sure this counts, but when I was a teenager, I was able to jump on a pogo stick with no hands and up and down stairs. For being legally blind, I was pretty damn good with that thing. My mom has videos.
- What is your favorite post you have written so far? I’m really proud of my post on The UPS and Downs of being a Blind Mom. I mention my eyes fairly often, but I’ve never been so open about how it affects my life as a mom.
- What is your favorite part of blogging? I like making connections and feeling like people are listening and sharing with each other. The feedback and responses mean so much.
- What is your favorite food? Perogies.
- Who inspires you? My husband inspires me. He’s been through so much from such an early age, and he is the kindest person I know. I try to be more like him everyday.
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Mountain rides. It takes gas and time, but it is an escape. The whole family can go and just relax. The mountains are my happy place.
- What is your favorite time of year? Fall. The leaves, the chilly air, the fashion, and the food make it the perfect time of year for me.
- What made you decide to take the plunge and start your blog? I’ve had blogs in the past and always wrote for other outlets or as a job, but I want to do this for me. I wanted to write what I’m passionate about without having an editor or boss. I wanted to call the shots and do what I love on my terms.
These nominees have been some of my favorite people to interact with in the blogging community, as well as bloggers who I read in my free time whether we’ve interacted or not. I love this community, and I think these are some amazing people. If I nominated anyone who has been nominated before, then you deserve it twice. You guys are great!
Questions for my Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Do you plan to still be blogging in 5 years?
- Favorite time of the day/night to blog?
- What movie would you watch on repeat?
- What would you do if you hit the lottery and the prize was at least 1 billion dollars?
- How do you destress or improve your mood when you have a rough day?
- What is your favorite childhood book and your favorite book now?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- What would you say to someone who was mean to you when you were younger?
- Who inspires you the most?
Hope you enjoyed learning more about me and my blog. Feel free to ask other questions and check out the bloggers I nominated!