The Liebster Award is an amazing and exciting way for bloggers to gain more exposure with the internet and social media. It allows bloggers to connect on social platforms and gives them a chance to be discovered.
How the Liebster Award Works
- Add a link to the Official Liebster Award page in your blog post.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Ask 11 more questions to those you nominate.
- Comment on the Liebster Award blog with a link to your post.
I want to thank twentysixotwo for the nomination. I adore her blog. She writes about a little of everything, and her fashion posts are wonderful!
These are the questions twentysixotwo asked me:
1. Where are you from and have you always lived there? I am from a town in southern Pennsylvania. I have lived in this area and a few of the surrounding towns my entire life.
2. What are you passionate about? I am passionate about being a mom. Everyday, something new happens. I love watching my kids grow and learn. It’s an incredible experience.
3. Do you have a favourite game? I really love the Sims games. I think I favor Sims 3 over Sims 4, but I haven’t played in a few months. The kids keep me fairly busy, but if I get a chance to play, it’s going to be Sims.
4. Why did you start your blog? I started my current blog, because I missed writing. I had other blogs and writing jobs in the past, but I really missed writing for myself. With my current blog, I can write for myself and share my experiences with like minded bloggers.
5. Who do you look up to the most? I look up to my husband the most. It may sound cheesy, but he is truly my best friend and the strongest person I’ve ever met. He grew up in the foster care system and had a very difficult life. Despite all of the struggles, he is the kindest person I’ve ever met, and I strive to be more like him everyday.
6. How do you spend most weekends? I spend my weekends running errands. My husband works second shift, and I don’t drive because I’m legally blind. So, once the weekends hit, we get all of our errands and shopping done for the coming week.
7. What would you be buried with so you could use it in the afterlife? I would be buried with some kind of device that has the ability to video chat with my kids and would never lose battery life. I can’t imagine not seeing their faces or talking everyday. If that’s too much to ask, I’d like a journal and way to write.
8. What’s the best or worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you? My grandma is deathly afraid of small rodents and animals, so when I was 9, my brother and me put a toy rabbit on her living room floor. We hid with a remote control and made it roll around, and then we told her there was a lose rabbit in her house. She peed her pants. As funny as it was, I was grounded for a lengthy amount of time.
9. Post the last photo you took below and explain what it is.
This is Moose. It’s the last picture I took on my phone. He is our elderly cat that we adopted this summer, so he didn’t have to spend his last few years in a shelter. He is 14 years old and very grumpy. We love him immensely.
10. What’s your cure for hiccups? I hold my breath and suck in my belly and count to 10. It usually doesn’t work, so I try to drink some water.
11. Are there any quotes you use on a regular basis? I say “it is what it is” a fair amount. It’s usually when I’m trying to convince myself that I can’t control everything.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award 2018
These are the questions I pose to you. Please see the official page of the Liebster Award to complete the nomination.
- If you were given 3 wishes with unlimited options, what would they be?
- What is your favorite pastime when you have time alone?
- What is your very first blog post, and would you change anything about it if you could?
- If you were to give your significant other or best friend a tattoo without saying you wouldn’t, what would you pick for them?
- If you had to eat one specific meal for an entire week, what would it be?
- What would you say to your high school bully or foe if you had the chance?
- Do you plan on blogging for the rest of your life?
- Who are you most inspired by?
- Would you rather live in a city or the country?
- What is one habit you wish you could break?
- Have you had a positive experience on social media with connecting and promoting your blog?