Getting to Know You..
Laura Venturini has created the getting to know you challenge, and it’s a blast. I have been tagged by an incredible lady who I affectionately call, Britch. Check out her relatable and hilarious blog Bitchin’ in the Kitchen.
It’s very easy.
1. Copy and paste these rules and the questions listed below and tag at least two people to take the challenge.
2. Use the “Getting to Know You” picture above.
3. Ping back to this post or tag Laura in it so she can see your answers too.
Oh and tag me too please!!
The Questions (and my answers):
- Name a moment in your life when you felt you were most courageous. In 2013, I was admitted to the psychiatric floor of our hospital. After contemplating suicide for weeks and being on the edge of having my body completely shut down from years of bulimia, I decided to live. I decided to not struggle and just accept the help o desperately needed. The first two days of that stay were my most courageous. I broke down and finally told my story and shared my demons.
- If you had to choose only one breakfast cereal for the rest of your life, which one would it be? I’ve been trying to be healthy and eat “grown up” cereal for the last few months. I get so tired of Special K though. If I had only one option for the rest of my life, I’d pick Golden Grahams. I love them even though I don’t eat them anymore.
- When have you felt the most scared? I felt the most scared the during and immediately after the birth of my daughter. My blood pressure dropped so low I lost consciousness. When the anesthesiologist gave me an epidural, I had a bad reaction at first. I felt everything, and I just couldn’t get my daughter out. It was a very difficult labor. After 12 hours, she came out, but she was silent. She was blue, and they had to bring her back. Seeing doctors and nurses take her over to that table was the scariest moment of my life.
- If you could sing like any musical artist, who would you choose? I would want to sing like Demi Lovato or Ariana Grande.
- Do you collect anything? I don’t really collect anything, but I inherited my grandma’s unicorn collection and hope to add to it over the years. She collected lamps, trinkets, unicorn shaped perfume bottles, and everything unicorn related.
- If you could live inside a tv show or movie, what would it be? I’d want to live in the Harry Potter movies. I want my family to be a magical family. Hogwarts and magic all the way.
- Have you ever had a reoccurring dream? I used to have this dream that I would be on mountain roads surrounded by trees, and I would be driving this old pink VW beetle. It would be nighttime, and I would have to navigate down this mountain. The brakes wouldn’t always work, and I’m blind and have never had my license. I know how to drive, but it’s still very scary. Sometimes, I have sight in the dream, which is also weird for me.
- What’s your Zodiac sign? I’m an Aquarius. I studied astrology a small amount and have tons of books. It’s super fascinating.
I can’t wait to see everyone’s answers!