So, I’ve talked about breaks and self care a lot lately, so as much as I’m on the fence about everything, it’s time to take my own advice. I’ve really been struggling lately.
I let the numbers get to me, but it’s more than a numbers game. I’ve been open about some personal dilemmas and gave insights where I usually stay quiet. My numbers went down, but I’ve stayed positive for the most part. I think I’m just a bit burnt out trying to evolve as a blogger. I want to keep soaring, but right now, I need that break.
Evolving and growing a blog isn’t just dropping links. It’s about engaging with likes and comments. It’s about building connections with others. I’m all about bloggers supporting bloggers, but for a few days, I need to support myself and my mental health.
My weekend is going to be pretty busy with my grandpa’s birthday Saturday, my dad’s birthday Sunday, and our daughter’s birthday on Monday. I think I need to take a weekend or maybe even a week off.
I love the blogging community, and I love the friends I’ve made from social media. I just need to pull back for a few days and enjoy what’s going on in front of me with all of my focus. I’m a great multitasker, but I need to hit refresh.
I won’t be doing my Monday series, since we are going to celebrate our little girl. I’m not always the best at writing in advance. I usually have one or two posts written out and ready to be edited the day I want to post them, but I think a break will be just what I need.
I have so many goals, but I can’t make them a reality if I’m tired and always on the edge. My patience hasn’t been the best, so I need to regroup and get my smile back.
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I will leave you with some of my favorite posts I’ve done lately, recent posts I love from other bloggers, and some feel good quotes.
Recent Posts I Love
• 28 Lessons for 28 Years– I wrote this before my birthday, and I think everyone should do this, blogger or not. It was pretty therapeutic.
• Let’s Talk About Sex, Momma– I loved writing this. It seems since I’ve posted this and my opinions on CBD, my numbers dropped. If someone feels uncomfortable, that’s not my intention, but I won’t sugar coat myself or my beliefs. Sex is lovely, and I have no problems saying it or writing it.
Posts From Bloggers I Love
• You Are: Weekly Inspiration Series– Let me just say that Steph from One Caring Mom is one of my favorite bloggers and people in general. She’s always supports me, and I think her blog is so wonderful.
• How Spaghetti Sauce Handprints Taught Me to Find Joy in Unexpected Places– I love this post. She’s very honest and relatable. If you haven’t checked out Beanie and Her Birds yet, then you need to!
• Blogger Love | 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging– This post is by The Newbury Girl, and I love her. She has great beauty and blogging posts. If you don’t follow her blog, then go check it out.
I could honestly add a million other posts that I love.
I have so much love and appreciation for the blogs I’ve discovered so far. Once my break is over and I’ve been able to restart my motivation, I want to feature bloggers and my favorite posts of the week every Friday for #followfriday. I’m looking forward to getting some new inspiration on this break.
Quotes I Need Right Now
“You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
“If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” – H.G. Wells
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” – Amelia Earhart
“Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
“Find out who you are and do it on purpose.”
Have a wonderful weekend/week.